Friday, June 14, 2013

A Printmaking Photo Explosion

So I am making a pinterest board and I realized that all of my student's awesome printmaking work isn't on the web. I thought it was on the school website, but I realized that we changed the way the art albums were set up, so none of the printmaking work is there.

Sorry for the photo dump, but I need to tag these on my pinterest board for my grad class!

This first printmaking project is my O'Keeffe meets Warhol project. It is an awesome project and that I did in art 1. I'd give you more details, but I'm teaching a workshop on it in the fall at TAEA and it also happens to be accepted for publication in an art teacher magazine!

But here are a couple to intrigue you!




 
 
 

To see more, you can go to my artsonia exhibit:
http://www.artsonia.com/museum/gallery.asp?exhibit=395529

The next printmaking project is done with simple Styrofoam plates... but these are not your typical Styrofoam prints!

The photos that I have do not show the intricate detail work. bummer.




 
 

 
 
And the third project is a collagraph. It is a cardboard base with a cardboard "stamp" glued to the base. It worked great with tempera paints. I wouldn't use block ink as it is too tacky, but the washable poster paints worked beautifully on this project. Of course, there are not finished product pictures, but you can at least see the plate!

 
 

The next project in this post are linoleum cut projects. This is just the traditional printmaking project. I have a number of pictures to show you here. You can also see that I use ink pads in my classroom for prints as well as block ink. I really like the ink pads for practice work and sometimes they are better for the finished product too!

 




 



 
The final project in this printmaking explosion is screen printing. I think I have blogged a lot of these pictures, but just in case, I'm adding them to this post! These pictures are of my students screen printing different community based signage projects. I love having students do "real" screen printing in my classroom as they learn another art form, but they also learn a trade!

 


And one final thought, these pictures are taken at different points over the years, but all of these are projects that students particiapte in in Art 1 and beyond.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This year I have added time onto my classes and I actually have time to do print making! (I am on a cart)... I would love to hear more about your O'Keefe/Warhol prints. What art magazine are they in?

    ReplyDelete