Art 2 students created a zentangle inspired patio umbrella project. It was a project created and oversaw by my student teacher while she was here. It was a nice idea, but it had issues. The main issue was that it took way, way longer than the time we had allotted so the student teacher didn't get to see the project finished. That was a bummer.
Overall, I'd say that this won't be a repeat project. The students enjoyed working on it, but it wasn't worth the expense or the mess. I think if we had been able to purchase denim or duckcloth and use bleach pens like we had originally wanted, the project would have been super cool. But we had to purchase the more inexpensive polyester umbrellas (that's all Walmart had..) and then use slick fabric paint. The fabric paint bled throught the fabric and stained my floor in lots and lots of places even though we put down poster board between the fabric and the floor. We also used a ton of paint.. and we still ran out.
A few close ups..
And a few pictures of the finished umbrellas.