Friday, October 18, 2013

The Healing Tree


Three of my advanced art students have been volunteering their time and talent for the local hospital's wound care clinic by painting a "healing tree".

It's been a slower process than I thought it would be because they can only work from 4pm to 6pm during the week.

But the end result is going to be fantastic!

Here are a few pictures of the students at work.






They plan to complete it next week. 

I am proud of these girls and their work ethic! I met the doctor that works out of the clinic a couple of days ago and he asked me if I had been working on the mural with the girls. I said nope. And the nurses quickly said it's just been the girls, that I haven't picked up a paint brush. I told him that if I have done my job, I can tell the students the expectations, give them feedback and a little guidance and make sure that they have the necessary supplies, but I shouldn't have to do the project for them. He seemed a little surprised that I would be willing to give the students so much responsibility, I just said these are good kids and smiled. It was really interesting, he was so complimentary of the work, he just couldn't believe that I didn't force my hand in the work. I guess that the difference in our professions.

No comments:

Post a Comment