Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Positive and Negative Shape Project

I realized that I never posted any of the finished Positive and Negative Shape projects. As you would imagine with Art 1, some students did fabulous and some struggled. All finished projects are posted on my artsonia site. http://www.artsonia.com/museum/gallery.asp?exhibit=563730 

Here are a few of the varied projects. I really like this for an early in the year project. I like that it focus on shape, but give students a chance to play with color. I also see very quickly which students are going to be able to draw from observation and which students are going to struggle.

The basic assignment is to draw the negative and fill with a color and pattern. The object is supposed to touch all four sides of the picture plane.



These projects have been digitized, uploaded to artsonia, been displayed in an artshow and are now on their way home to mom. Love this kind of project!

1 comment: